TOP 10 REASONS CLIMBING
IS BETTER THAN SEX...
1. Choice of novice or expert routes.
2. A climb can last all day long.
3. Guide books tell you how many visitors
were before you.
4.You can pick the length and diameter of
5. There is always someone backing you up
in case you fall off.
6. You can leave your protection behide for
the next guy.
7. Lots of tight cracks.
8. It's not concidered kinky to wear a harness.
9. The only rubber you wear is on your feet.
10. There are still rocks that have'nt been
YOU MIGHT BE A MOUNTAIN CLIMBER IF....
1. You own a $75.00 dress suit and a
$1000 Gore-Tex suit.
2. You have ever used an ice ax to chop
weeds in your garden.
3. You have more summit pictures than
4 You like the smell of burning Yak
5. What you call cold is not on the
6. You don't walk down stairs, you rappel.
7. You see a girl in the street and
you think Hmmm, she's a TD+/5.11.
8. You've ever fallen so far that you've
run out of adrenaline before
you ran out of rope.
9. You've ever had icicles hanging from
any part of your body.
TOP 5 SIGNS YOU PICKED THE WRONG CLIMBING
1. Favorite peak: top of the jungle
gym, Filmore Primary School.
2. He thinks "Carabiner" is someone
who lives in Jamaica.
3. His idea of taking a breather means
lighting up a cigarette.
4. When told to bring rapelling gear,
he shows up with 25 cans
of " OFF" bug spray.
5. Baggy shorts and no underwear.
The Forest Preserve is essentially a
quiet and healthful
retreat from the turmoils and artficialities
of a busy urban
life. - Hinman Decision -
For me, and for thousands with similar
inclinations, the most
important passion of life is the overpowering
desire to escape
periodically from the clutches of a
To us the enjoyment of solitude, complete
the beauty of undefined panoramas is
to happiness. - Bob Marshall
Of course we weren't lost. We were merely
where we shouldn't
have been, without knowing where that
was. - T. Morris Longstreth -
Getting to the summit is optional, getting
down is mandatory.
- David Breashears-
I have not conquered Everest, it has
merely tolerated me.
- Peter Habeler -
Well, we knocked the bastard off.
- Sir Edmund Hillary-
Altitude is the great equalizer.
Mountains don't kill people, they just
sit there. - Ed Viesters-
We will stomp to the summit with the
wind in our teeth.
- George Mallory-
Because it is there. - George
Don't forget, it's really just a big
pile of rocks. - David Breashears-
Your head is totally worked, your arms
twitch like they're gonna
fall off, your fingers are cracked,
swollen and bleeding. I find it
all so peaceful. - Tommy Caldwell
It's about function, not style. - Jon
Perfection is achieved not when there
is nothing more to
be added, but when there is nothing
more to be taken away.
Strap on, shut up and hike. - Bill
Take only pictures, Leave only footprints
and kill only time. - Unknown-
Would you like a chewy? - Tony
There is a good deal of tolerable land
in this region, but a good
deal more that is intolerable.
- Joal Handly, 1844. Speaking on
If you don't like the current weather
in the Adirondacks, just wait
an hour it will change. - Local
We have 3 seasons in the Adirondacks,
Black fly season, July
and Winter. - Unknown-
Find a purpose in life so big it will challenge
every capacity to
be at your best.- David O. McKay-
The height of your accomplishments will equal
the depth of
your convictions -- William F.
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a
matter of choice; it is
not a thing to be waited for, it is
a thing to be achieved .
-William Jennings Bryan-
The person who says it cannot be done
should not interrupt the
person doing it.-- Chinese proverb-
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure
a few of them
are dirt.- Unknown-